Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bring Back the Big Lincoln! 2015 MkTC

Using today's Lincoln design language, why aren't they fielding a large, rear-wheel drive luxury sedan? All of their cues work quite well in a larger, more elegant manner. The roof could be a large powered sunroof like the smaller MKZ, but perhaps ending in a 1950s overhang instead of lying flat over the backlight. The backlight could also be programmed to lower for ventilation, bringing back memories of the late Fifties Marks and the Sixties Breezeways. Slim C pillar opera windows are beautifully sculptured with 24kt gold Lincoln Star logos embedded in them. This rear-wheel drive based platform offers electronically controlled all-wheel drive, too.

10 comments:

  1. I think this would look better without the opera windows. Cadillac should also do something like this, basically an XTS with a stretched nose and RWD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree my tastes aren't always what's "best" just what I like the best, lol! I consider these sort of "first sketches" and that they'd all go through the committees. I agree about the Cadillac. Check the Labels on the side for Cadillac.. I've done that stretched XTS a few times. -casey

      Delete
    2. The Lincoln designs are for large cars,and loose there relevance when shrunk down,to the present platforms.They are parody's. Just like Cadillac.BAD!

      Delete
  2. Lincoln needs this car so desperately. Do you think they're actually working on one? I keep reading that Cadillac is working on a halo car -- there's nothing I've heard of at Lincoln that sounds like a halo, although this new little crossover sounds like it might be popular. But it's still not playing the big elageus.

    Paul, NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they're working on a flagship. I have no idea why not. It seems the FoMoCo has the money these days. They could even rebody one to Ford of Europe to perhaps go after some MB or BMW sales.

      Delete
  3. Great balance of conceptual form and elegance. Would love to see this built with an available GT (gran turismo/coupe) variant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Anthony! If you click on "Lincoln" on the labels at the right you'll find several coupes I've done!

      Delete
  4. Really great design. Great work, love the website! I have AN 2010 MKT and always wondered how it would look as a hot rod custom Counting Cars mod. Real aggressive looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have fun doing them and I'm glad they're enjoyed.
      -casey

      Delete