Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wouldn't You Really Rather Have a Buick?

Buick Verano GS coupe—Ever since the compact Buick Verano was introduced, as only a 4 door sedan, I've wondered what a two-door, or three-door bodystyle would look like. Illustrated above is my interpretation of a three-door hatchback Verano GS, the hottest variety of the newest small Buick. The chrome "eyebrows" over the taillights have been the subject of criticism, but rather than delete them, or make them smaller in some way, I've enlarged them and made them reach all the way across the rear quarter panels to the door handles. I think it's time that chrome side moldings, in a tasteful manner, make their way back onto American cars. In this application, they help emphasize the rear "hips" and lead the eye up and over the rear fenders, wrapping all the way around to the Buick logo on the rear hatch lid.

The original photo I began with, the Verano 4-door sedan. Thank you, Photoshop®!

4 comments:

  1. I like this Buick very much. The chrome moldings are genius! And it's a beautiful color.

    I see only Woody has found his way here so far -- hoping to see Px and AP soon.

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This car exemplifies your expertise in mastering the art of the "chop". Seamless transformation from the vanilla 4 door. Try as I might, I couldn't find a fault in execution.
    The chrome bodyside moulding makes sense in your design, as does the lower body blackout treatment. Even the side "scoop" makes more sense on the 2 door. A+ effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! this is really one of my favorite chops now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot.
    I'm hoping to offer something back and help others such as you aided
    me.

    Here is my homepage; Alvin

    ReplyDelete