Wednesday, August 2, 2017

2018 Lincoln Navigator Mark X Coupe


Not every SUV/Crossover needs to have four doors. Not every buyer needs the maximum space afforded by near-vertical rear compartments, either. My latest Photoshop creation was created for people who prefer the longer doors of a two door vehicle, aiding greatly in entrance to the front seat. The sloping roofline covers fitted luggage designed to maximize the rear compartment.

This is my take on such an ├╝ber luxury vehicle for 2018, the Lincoln Navigator Mark X Coupe. Did I mention it has a twin-turbo V12/Hybrid drivetrain? The famed "Mark" series migrates to the exclusive all-aluminum Navigator platform for the first time in history, affording outstanding room and capability to the luxury class. 

Starting with the new-for-2018 Navigator 4-door, I lengthened the body ahead of the cowl by about 8-inches to accommodate the longer V12 powertrain. Longer doors maximize entry into the front compartment and a programmable entry system features remote access to the First Class-level individual rear seats. The exclusive V12 drivetrain features twin turbochargers and hybrid-assist and is combined with an also-exclusive electronically controlled 12-speed transmission. 

I think Lincoln is coming along nicely with their new Continental-inspired front ends but I still think it needs more developing. For this Mark rendering, I added a brushed chrome header to the existing grille space and added the LINCOLN name to it. I think it completes the front end.

No comments:

Post a Comment