Yes, Silliness Ensues
My rendering is comical and meant to be, but the idea was an interesting one. I wondered what Cadillac would have had to do if given the edict to offer a "compact" car in 1960. I thought about what the marque would have to give up to meet the size and cost restraints, and how they'd make the best of them.
- Shorter, taller body for maximum interior room
- Flatter sideglass and backlight but a complicated front windshield would be engineered to keep a strong resemblance to the larger cars
- Dual instead of quad headlights
- Bodyside argent two-toning, to not only differentiate from the senior models but to camouflage the cheaper-to-produce painted grille insert
- Fewer body stampings, no fender skirts